Notice: Undefined index: in /home/to21/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/include/dd-class.php on line 66
I have been getting some feedback from a number of businesses and there seem to be a couple of common themes. The first is that many businesses are doing just fine. For the most part these are the businesses that look at Advertising and Marketing as part of the products or services cost of delivery and invest the time, effort, and money to do it correctly. The other ones as a whole look at Advertising and Marketing as some extra expense that they can cut back on. NEWS FLASH – Marketing and Advertising is a requirement if you want to stay in business these days. The companies that I see cutting back are not treating A&M as part of their normal expenditures are going to lose market share and profits now and they will get really nailed when the Economy turns around in 6 months or 6 years whatever the case may be. Not only that, they may not survive until the upturn. If you want to become and stay profitable, now is when you need to get creative and push your A&M as hard as you can. A couple of no brainer, low cost things you should be doing.
- Make sure you company has a blog and I would use WordPress. If you don’t know how to set one up, go the the contact page and we will get you set up for $99. Seriously this is a must have. You can also make this Blog your main Website too.
- You need to get a Viddler.com or YouTube channel. This way you can get the word out about whatever it is you are selling and upload short videos on who you are and how you are going to help people.
- Start writing or have one of your staff write a 350 to 500 word story about how whatever it is you are selling can help people at least once a week. If don’t know how to write, then find someone that can. Then you need to put those stories on your blog and then submit them to the different article submitters out there. ( I will show you how to do this in the next few days)
- Make sure you snag the name and email of every customer that you service. Even if you are a brick and mortar business. DO THIS STARTING TODAY! Write them down with a pen and paper if you have to but just get them. They are worth money to you and I will show you how to leverage these right away to put more profit in your pocket and get a a happy customer that wants to do business with you.
- Go sign up for a free account at www.Facebook.com and www.QuitYourJobOnMonday.com . Make sure you put your Blog and or your sites url in your main profile. This will help people find you on the web. There is more to it than this but do this first.
Now I am not saying that you have to invest a ton of money on A&M , but if you don’t spend money, then you are going to have to invest some of your brain power. Guerrilla Marketing works great when you have a plan for it and make it part of your everyday routine. I would use Bubbl.us to make my Advertising and Marketing Plan up. This is what a Bubbl looks like. You can drag this around. Go ahead and play with it. I like it because you can also do cool thing like embed it in websites.
Kind of cool huh?
Well that is enough for now. Make sure you are doing everything above and I will be posting more info in the next day or so.