5 Things that you can do today to increase your productivity by 40%
Above are the 5 things that you can incorporate into your daily routine that can easily increase your productivity by 40%. The reason I know this is possibly is because I have done it. And actually, my increase was quite a bit more than that to tell you the truth. I actually incorporated some other things as well that I will do another post on at a later time, but these 5 I have found can have a profound impact on virtually anyone that tries them for just one day, let alone one week.
Increase My Productivity BY 40%
1. Write out what I “HAVE” to get done the night before. There are numerous studies backing this up in that when you actually write or type something out, it changes the way it is stored in your brain. I and others have also noticed that once you write something down, it lets your sub-conscious have a go at it and results often pop full formed in my noodle first thing in the morning. This technique has been recommended by a lot of people from the great motivator and human behavior modeler Napoleon Hill onward to present day writers.
2. Check Emails Only 3 times a day. I dare you to actually count and keep track of how much time you spend checking your emails. You will probably be surprised and appalled. It is not only the time you spend checking them, but the break in concentration that it takes to do so. This one thing alone can help you hit the 40% increase in productivity. You can use this online stop watch to actually track the time. It is a great tool that I often use. http://www.online-stopwatch.com/
3. Use YakWrite.com or other Transcription Services for Blogs, Memos, and Web Content. You can get up to 8,000 words or up to 20+ Blog posts transcribed for about 99 cents a piece! You can get 1 hour of Audio transcribed for only $19.99 over there as an introductory rate. But, even if you pay twice that, you can increase your productivity easily by 40% using Transcription services. If you don’t have the audio recording software, the one I like the best and it is free is Audacity. It works on Windows and Macs. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
4. Figure out which things are going to make me the most money and concentrate on them. While this may seem like a no brainer, and I am not sure who said this but, “most people are too busy to ever become wealthy” is true and not busy in a good way. If you cut out even 50% of the BS that you do every day that has nothing to do with you making more money, you will be amazed at the results. The old 80/20 rule or Pareto principle comes into play. 80% of the money you make comes from only 20% of what you do. Figure out what the 20% really is and drop the other stuff!
5. Write down a Mind Map of what I will get done this year using www.Bubbl.us . This again comes back to number 1. But this is a bigger picture and unsurprisingly less than 1% of all people ever write down and map out what they want to accomplish financially, business wise, or even for the personal life. Yet, over 90% of all successful people have a written plan that they consult on a regular basis.
The reason why I like Bubbl is because it is easy to use and it is free. You can even embed mind maps like this one in Web Pages and Blogs and share them in various way. Plus, you can have other people collaborate with you on them too.
The bottom line is that it is easy to become complacent with your time, but it is the one thing that you can control that can make the most impact on your productivity and your life.
Try these 5 things out and let me know how it works out for you. If you have some other great tips, I would love to hear about them.
You can use your mouse to manipulate the mind map below. Try right clicking and dragging and using your scroll button.
Best of luck to you!